Role of General Committee Member
Holding a General Committee Member position on a committee, demonstrates a shared commitment to the overall operation of the organisation. General Committee Members should be self-motivated and active in the day to day operation of the organisation. They should also be enthusiastic and active in improving and growing the organisation.
- A strong understanding of the organisation
- Works well in a team environment
- Good organisation skills
- Shows initiative and personal drive
- Takes responsibility for tasks they choose to complete, and those assigned to them.
- Good communication skills
- Confidence to contribute to discussions and voice opinions.
- Listens well to other points of view
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Be a good role model for others in the organisation
- Responsible for the day to day management and operation of the organisation
- Share your ideas and views
- Take ownership and accountability for the fulfilment of tasks assigned to you
- Participate in planning and goal setting for the organisation
- Share the workload so all committee members are doing their part
- Attend committee meetings
- Advise the Secretary if you are unable to attend a scheduled meeting
- If requested, review relevant information prior to meetings
- Send meeting agenda items to the secretary prior to meetings for approval
- Review the meeting minutes when circulated after the meeting and notify of any inaccuracies
- Be proactive regarding the safety of all members and guests of the organisation
Would you like this Role Description sent to you in an easy printable PDF?
Simply fill in your details and we’ll send you our Committee Roles Description Pack
In this pack you’ll get-
- Vice President
- Committee Member
Download the Committee Role Descriptions now!